Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Startup School Entrepreneurship

This past weekend I attended Startup School at Stanford. The event included an incredible lineup of fantastic speakers and was a refreshing take on entrepreneurship. It seems that a large part of the entrepreneurship education at Stanford seems to be directed towards answering the question, "How do I be an entrepreneur?" The answer to this question seems to be, "build something cool" or "build something that solves a problem." After spending a day with a hundred other techies, hackers, and general nerds, I realized that my interest in entrepreneurship stems from a line of reasoning that is exactly the opposite of this view. The question I ask is "how do I build something cool?" The answer: "be an entrepreneur."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome back to blogging! Where did 2007 go? I guess that was your Japan blog instead...